Monday, June 19, 2006

Countdown

Countdown

I believe that my cable bill with this past statement will get me service through July 2nd.  That means that we are less than 15 days away from the amputation.  It’s exciting.  I am still spending too much time online, but it will all change shortly.  I drove around a bit and I believe there are at least three places within three miles of my home that I will be able to send and receive emails and do whatever else I need to get done (download bank statements, check balances online, etc.) from the privacy of my car.  Ha.

Total LIFE Makeover

I’ve been listening to Dave Ramsey for the last three months now and I have begun to be brainwashed.  This summer represents the beginning of a new life transformation for me in many regards.  The finances and the internet/cable are a step, but they are by no means comprehensive.  I have a renewed outlook on things.  I am looking at things more from the long-range perspective.  Something he mentions in the Total Money Makeover book is that so often in American society, we sacrifice the future for the present.

I Don’t Want To Retire And Eat Alpo!

It’s a dismal picture, but it represents the future of many Americans.  Shopping for food in the pet food aisle.  I am making dramatic changes now that will “change my family tree.”  It is challenging, but I see it as a fun challenge.  I should be completely debt free within two years and then begin to really pile money into retirement and give, give, give to people and ministries.  It’s exciting.  But it takes time.  You see, the best way to get rich quick is to not get right quick.  The best way to lose weight is to lose weight slowly.  Anything challenging takes slow, methodical progress.  Success is the result of consistently doing the right stuff.  Quick results are frequently not that common with successful plans.  I am able to see that in my job so easily, and yet I have failed thus far to see that in other aspects of my personal life.

Introspection Rocks.

No comments:

Great Articles